Pages

13 Nov 2012

NHBPM : Day 13 - Tuesday, Nov. 13

Book report. What’s your favourite book and how can you tie it to your health or life?

I was unsure which book to choose that related to my health so I have gone for the one that sticks out most to my life in some ways.



The perks of being a wallflower:

I have always seen myself to be one of those people who always sits on the edge of life and watch other people experience things and try things out, I didn't know of the term 'Wallflower' until recently reading this book.

 I felt myself relate to Charlie's character greatly in the way that he is such a shy, observant person, noticing all the small things about people and wanting to do special things for them all the while. Also the way in which he seems to look up too and idolise people close to him. The way in which he over thinks things, without acting on them to see what the result would actually be.

  Also the character of Bill, who is Charlie's English tutor sticks out to me a lot, as I had a teacher who helped me get through a lot of things in the time that I knew him and also to this day I still think how he taught me too and still try to see life through the way he taught me. My tutor acted in the way in which Bill does for Charlie guiding him and looking out for him through all the troubles he faces throughout high school.

I'm not going to give away the greatness of this book's story but I am going to include some paragraphs from 'Perks of being a Wallflower', that really stood out too me and I believe they can help me live my life and mean something too me.

"It's just that sometimes people use thought to not participate in life"
"Is that bad?"
"yes"
"I think I participate, though. Don't you think I am?"
"Well are you dancing at these dances?"

"I would die for you, but I won't live for you"
"Something like that. I think the idea is that every person has to live for his or her own life, and then make the choice to share it with other people. Maybe that is what makes people 'participate'. I'm not really certain."

"So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them"

"Maybe it's good to put some things in perspective, but sometimes I think that the only perspective is to really be there"

Those quotes mean a lot to me and they help me to keep going. The book as a whole is truly amazing and I would recommend it anyone and everybody. The film that has recently been released is amazing too and captures the book perfectly but I would still recommend that people take the time to read the book.

This book will always hold a close place to my heart, it reaches out to me in many ways and most of all it reminds me to keep going with life, and try to participate as much as possible

Thank you for reading.
Feel free to leave any book recommendations of your own, I love to read new books!
Take care
Jayne
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment