Pages

14 Nov 2012

NHBPM - Day 14 - 30 THINGS ABOUT MY INVISIBLE ILLNESS YOU MAY NOT KNOW

30 THINGS MEME from here

1. The illness I live with is: Fibromyalgia , vitamin D deficiency and all the symptoms that comes with it.

2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: february 2012

3. But I had symptoms since: a few years, but severe symptoms since September 2011

4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: leaving my job and the way I live all aspects of my life.

5. Most people assume: that because I don't look sick I am well, and that because I am having a good day, means I am better.

6. The hardest part about mornings are: waking up with migraines and my whole body being stiff and sore.

7. My favorite medical TV show is: House md, only on season 6 but I adore it.

8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: probably my ipod , phone and laptop to keep me sane and connected to people.

9. The hardest part about nights are: not being able to fall asleep, laying awake in pain and aching joints.

10. Each day I take __ pills & vitamins: I take 600g (4) Pregabalin, 1 vitamin D supplement, 20g (2) Amitriptyline 

11. Regarding alternative treatments : I don't know if yoga comes under alternative treatments but it does help to relax me and loosen up all my aches a little.

12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: Visible because people can at least see the issue and pain. 

13. Regarding working and career: I had to leave the job as a nursery assistant (that I adored) as I am not fit enough , nor have the energy to do the job any more

14. People would be surprised to know: I'm not sure there is anything, apart from I am in constant pain even if I look well, I am good at putting on the brave face,.

15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: losing my job and seeing how much my life has changed because of my Fibro.

16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: yoga, go on bike rides and read lots!

17. The commercials about my illness: there are no commercials in the UK about Fibromyalgia, it is in no way well known.

18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: going out when I want too, not having to plan things in advanced to accommodate my broken body.

19. It was really hard to have to give up: my job , it broke my heart. 

20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: yoga, and reading, also blogging!

21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: Just be spontaneous and do things I want too.

22. My illness has taught me: that I am strong

23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: 'but you don't look ill' , 'Why don't you just get a job'

24. But I love it when people: listen too me and try to understand what I am going through,

25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: strangely from a Rolling stones song: "You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes well you just might find, you get what you need” 

26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: to learn all you can about your illness and listen to your body.

27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is:  how passionate I am about raising awareness

28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: My boyfriend took me away for my birthday weekend without telling me, and also kind messages and gifts from family and people I've met online.

29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: I want to raise awareness as much as possible

30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: happy that you have listened too me and hopefully you may have learnt a little too. 

Thank you for reading.
Jayne
xx

2 comments:

  1. This was really interesting to read as I too suffer from the wonderful fibroids and can totally relate! Wishing you all the best with everything hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can relate and I'm sorry you suffer too. remember I am always here if you want to chat and don't forget to give me a follow to keep up with my posts :-) take care and remember to keep smiling :) xx

      Delete