Pages

21 Nov 2012

NHBPM - Day 20 – Tuesday, Nov. 20

“A health moment I regret…”

This is going to be a short post because I am not completely with it today, coming down with a cold which I know is going to knock me sideways and I am so tired from unsettled sleep.

I think the thing closest to regret is those moments when I pretend I am fine. I hide from my family and friends that I am in pain and that I am scared. When I put off going off to the doctor's for a long time because just for a moment I want to feel like I am okay and my health isn't an issue. I just cast of all new symptoms as part of my fibromyalgia and never look into dealing with them. I cast all the pain and uncomfortable symptoms to the back of my mind and pretend that just for a day or two that I am okay.

I know this is wrong and I still do it sometimes, I put off taking medication, I cancel doctors appointments and I just for a while want to pretend that I am not in pain, that I haven't got fibromyalgia because it is too stressful to have a life with this condition.

Thank you for reading
Take care
Jayne
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment