Pages

23 Nov 2012

NHBPM - Day 23 – Friday, Nov. 23

What’s something your doctor taught you or you taught your doctor?

I am so lucky to have found my current doctor, first appointment was an emergency one with him and from then on he told me not to see any other doctor. He diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia and he was the one who referred me to the hospital. I am very thankful for him. He has taught me quite a lot about life and fibromyalgia to be honest. This is really just an appreciation post for my doctor.

He makes me feel comfortable as a patient and is understanding and listens to what I have to say. He makes jokes and makes the appointment less daunting .He has long conversations with me about fibromyalgia and how it is not recognised in the UK. He's  told me about his time as a doctor in South Africa and used his medical books from South Africa to help try and diagnose me and give me the correct medication. He's told me that I need to push myself when doing things, work through the pain to get my endorphins flowing as a natural painkiller/high.

  He is the perfect example of a good doctor when dealing with fibromyalgia.
He has taught me that there is good doctors out there who are understanding and generally decent people. 

Only a short post today as I wore myself out walking around in the sun early, enjoying the weather :-)

Thank you for reading
Take care 
Jayne
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment