Pages

25 Nov 2012

NHBPM : Day 25 – Sunday, Nov. 25

How have your goals as a patient / advocate / person evolved?

When I first got ill and diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I thought that was it, my life was over. I was stuck in bed everyday in agonising pain not able to stay awake long enough to even try and function.

I went through endless trial and error with lots of different medication combinations and different doctors , my goal's for myself were just to survive each day.

I'd like to think now 10 months on my Fibromyalgia diagnosis and with a steady medication routine, that my goals for the days and my life have evolved in many ways. I can now see some time in the future with a job, I have accepted that at the moment I will not be able to go back into the hands-on childcare that I was in before my illness hit, but I have discovered different ways to get into childcare and all the different job roles I could do. I can see myself having friends again and a social life and I accept that I will not be able to do everything other people do, but then I can make the things I can do extra special.

Also as I learnt more and more about my condition, I gained a passion to raise awareness and hence this blog started. I have felt so much more human writing this blog, it creates own personal goals for me every week, and seeing all your comments and messages makes me realise I am doing something good even before I've left my bed.

Don't get me wrong I still have day's where I think my life is over, the pain is going to rule me and keep me from enjoying anything, but them day's pass and I remember that it's going to take small steps to get me back into the goals I originally had for myself a year ago.

On this note I took a baby step today and sent an application to do a voluntary role in my local library, working within a children's activity/craft group. I hope something good comes of it, and it gives me the leg up I need to get back into life as I once knew it.

Thank you for reading
Take Care
Jayne
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment