Pages

7 Nov 2012

NHBPM - Day 7 – Wednesday, Nov. 7

Redesign a doctor’s office or hospital room

Having spent a lot of time in a doctors surgery and waiting rooms I thought I'd share some ways in which I would improve the services. I apologise if this becomes a bit of a rant, had a few issues with my doctors surgery recently.
  • Bright colours and updated awareness posters! -  My doctors surgery is so dull, all dark mahogany wood and dull coloured walls with old faded posters that are very outdated. I think a drop of colour and a some new awareness posters and notices would help greatly as there is nothing more depressing than sitting in a dark dingy depressing waiting room. 
  • Music playing in waiting rooms - even if it is just the local radio station. Sitting in silence whist being nervous and anxious about your appointment, some music would help to relax you, therefore making you feel more grounded ready for your appointment.
  • Friendly,caring and helpful receptionists - I don't know if this is just me and my surgery or an overall thing people have found. I can not stand how I can get treated and spoken too over the phone or in person by a receptionist who makes me feel like I am wasting their time with their snotty attitude. They couldn't care less about the patients needs and finding ways to help them. A friendly receptionist should be on the end of the phone ready to help and advise. The amount of times I have found my self avoiding making appointments for symptoms because of the way I feel I am treated over the phone or at the receptionist desk.
  • Easy appointment booking service - I want to be able to make an appointment easily in advance for routine check ups, or an emergency one on the day if needed. I don't want to have to worry about speaking to a receptionist, having to tell them why I need an appointment,  who is then going to get the doctor to ring me back over 2 hours later to then decide if I am 'worthy' of an appointment or a check up. I want to be able to know I can make an appointment that is convenient to me and my schedule.
So that is some way's in which I think Doctors Surgeries could be changed to be made a bit more user friendly.
Leave comments letting me know what you would change, I'd love to know? 
Thank you for reading 

No comments:

Post a Comment