Pages

9 Nov 2012

NHBPM - Day 9 – Friday, Nov. 9


Community Care Package. Create the perfect care package for your members or fellow patients:

I've just gone round my room and collected the things that help me get through the days.


 The First thing in the 'care package' is heat pads,hand and knee supports, bandages and ibuprofen gel . This I think are a must! I would not be able to get through the day's without having my heat packs and the gel to soothe my joints and pain. Especially now the weather is getting much colder, I will swear by all these things to help me through the days.


The next is medication, which I think goes without saying. These pills keep my pain at bay, they keep me sane and my supplements help my body get what it needs. Finding the medication combination (finally) that works for my body has been a godsend and I am dreading the day that they stop helping as much as they do and I have to go again on the hunt for another combination that works.









Having a Journal to hand is another good thing, to record any new symptoms, idea's, and any thoughts before fibro fog makes you forget! Making lists is a brilliant way to remember things and to be able to sort out the thoughts in your head on a groggy day when your brain feels like mush!







A nice warm comfortable pretty bed, cause lets be honest I spend a lot of my time sleeping, sitting in or on it during the days. being comfortable and kind to your aching body with lots of cushions. Also a warm puppy helps too :-)

Whilst it is in the photo, my laptop is my way of distracting myself from the pain and also an amazing way to communicate with people, and also meeting new people who are also going through the same things as you. Without my laptop and the internet I think I would go crazy without talking to people on-line!

Whilst I'm talking about my bed, Cuddly toys, cushions and hot water bottles are a must! I snuggle up with all these things every night, putting hot water bottles on my sore points to ease the pain helps you to get comfortable and with falling asleep too. No matter how old you are a cuddle with a teddy always makes you feel better, especially for those moments when there is no one else around to cuddle! They always bring a smile to my face on my bad days.


 Since having Fibromyalgia and having a lot of time on my hands I have started to read a lot more and have gotten through so many books. So that is why I would include Books into my care package. They let you escape the real world for a little while and help you to use your imagination. Keeping focused in a good book helps to distract you from pain and aches.


 Music is a must too, there is not a day or a moment when I am not listening to music. Music to make you happy when you feel at your worst. Music to relax you and help you fall asleep. Music to maybe have a little cry too when life's weight is on your shoulders. Music can affects your emotions and make you happy when you're sad. Music also can carry a lot of memories in the lyrics and remind you of all the good times you've had.





 Having flowers or plants in your room instantly bring colour and cheer to the room and your mood. I adore my peace lily and love having it in my room and also it helps to purify the air around my room. Receiving flowers or even going out and buying yourself some is a fantastic idea to bring colour and cheer to your days.
DVD's and TV is a good idea for those long days in bed or in the house, especially rainy days watching a good film whist snuggled on the sofa. Whether you enjoying a heart wrenching love story or a comedians stand up show, television is a fantastic way to spend your time, giving yourself a break from focusing on the pain and aches.











Last but not least, one of the most important things to keep close or in your care package is memories, and letters of kind words from people in your life. Surround yourself with all the things that make you happy, and , things that make you laugh. Remember that even if you are having a bad day, soon you will have a good one, you will do things that make you happy and you will keep making unforgettable memories to some day look back on.


Thank you for reading, and I hope I have given people some idea's on way's to keep you going through whatever health issue you are fighting against.
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment