So whatever has been getting you down whether it be due to pain, the appalling weather, the 'January blues' or just a bad day, I have listed a few things you could do to help lift your mood :-)
- Listen to some music : Music can do a lot to our emotions, it has been found that a slower tempo will relax you, whereas a heavy tempo will let you work through anger and enables you to get negative emotions out of your system.
- Remind yourself of what you have : During busy day to day life it is easy to find yourself wishing for things, take a moment or two, to remind yourself how lucky you are with the things you do have in life.
- Keep in contact: January is always a busy month, and we often find ourselves forgetting to pick up the phone or to go out to coffee with people you haven't seen in a while. don't isolate yourself behind a computer screen or television all the time, it is nice to get some face to face contact when you're able too.
- Breathe away bad vibes: Try to take up doing some meditation or maybe some yoga to cleanse your body and mind. Also even just 10 minutes of yoga a day can help to tone up your body over time.
- Eat Fresh : Eating fresh non-processed foods can make you feel better, whereas fatty and sugary foods can make you feel groggy and weighed down. Citrus fruits have been proven to improve your mood.
- Don't be too hard on yourself : nobody is Superman, no matter how much they think they are. We are not able to do every task given to man in a day. It is okay to not complete your to do list in a day. You can only ever do as much as you can do. Don't beat yourself up about things, you did the best you could , and tomorrow is a new day.
I hope some of these tips can help you to get into a more positive mindset and help you fight through the January Blues (or whatever is getting you down).
Leave a comment below of the things that make you happy , I'd love to hear them :-)
Thank you for reading.